Quickly and accurately measure body temperature with this quality infrared contactless thermometer.
IR technology eliminates the need for contact measurement, keeping everybody safe from potential contamination from bacteria and viruses.
We have stock available in our Brisbane warehouse, with speedy dispatch via Australia Post. Buy now from Banksia Scientific with confidence using PayPal, or secure credit card checkout.
Contactless Thermometer Main Features
- Infrared detecting technology, non-contact, safer and healthier
- 0.5S fast measurement
- Clear LCD screen and high-temperature alarm function
- Measuring distance: 5 – 10cm
- Temperature measuring range: degrees Celsius (30 – 50)
- Perfect for body temperature measurement, skin, forehead,
- Powered by 2 x AAA battery (not included)
- Operating Humidity: Less than or equal to 85pct
- Operating Temperature Range : 0 – 40 degree
How do IR thermometers work?
Probes are made up of electronic thermal radiation transducers and waveguides. The radiation collected by the waveguide is converted to an electrical signal by the transducer and displayed as a temperature reading. The transducer is either pyroelectric or a thermopile sensor. A pyroelectric sensor measures the average temperature of the tissue within its field of view. It must be used with a shutter mechanism to provide a controlled period of exposure to the tissue’s IR emission. A thermopile sensor allows continuous readings and thereby facilitates scanning for the highest temperature. Read more about IR thermometers from the World Health Organisation.