Introducing a new defibrillation platform from ZOLL that builds on our reputation for providing rescuers with unmatched support plus a low total cost of ownership: The ZOLL AED 3 Automated External Defibrillator.
The latest Guidelines from resuscitation councils worldwide are clear: successful defibrillation must be supported with high-quality CPR. The AED’s first heart analysis is critical. If it calls for no shock, only high-quality CPR can lead to a shockable rhythm on the next heart analysis. If the first analysis does call for a shock, once it’s delivered, the stunned heart desperately needs blood as it tries to reorganise and regain its natural beat. Only high-quality CPR can supply a struggling heart with the oxygenated blood needed to restore a normal rhythm.
Knowledge Is Power
But what is high-quality CPR? The ERC Guidelines call for chest compressions at a rate of at least 100 per minute at a depth of at least 5 cm. So how can rescuers know when they are in compliance? They should not have to guess. They should know, and that knowledge may well give them the power to save a life.
Only an AED that provides real-time CPR feedback for rate and depth of compressions can deliver the best support to save a life.
Professional Technology for Everyone
Like the AED Plus that preceded it, and all of ZOLL’s professional defibrillators, the AED 3 is equipped with Real CPR Help technology to help lay rescuers perform high-quality CPR. The sensor in the pads lets the AED see your chest compressions so it can guide you to the proper rate and depth with prompts and an on-screen bar gauge.
How It Works
The CPR Uni-padz™ Electrodes sense and report the motion of rescuers’ chest compressions to the AED 3.
During an adult rescue, audio and text prompts let rescuers know when to “Push harder” and when they are doing “Good compressions.”
The compression depth bar gauge shows rescuers the depth of each compression in real time.
The metronome detects compressions and encourages rescuers to compress at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute.
Leading Technology. Reasonable Cost.
Once installed, the AED 3 costs significantly less than almost any other AED to maintain. Because the CPR Uni-padz can defibrillate both children and adults, there are no special pads to buy and regularly replace to be ready to rescue a child. And because the CPR Uni-padz and the battery both last five years, replacing disposables is easier and less expensive over time. Longer lasting, fewer replacements, lower costs.
No other AED’s paediatric pads last 5 years. No other AED lets rescuers rescue a child at the push of a button, and replace pads and battery only once in the first 10 years of service.
Even Better Support During a Rescue
The Zoll AED 3 Automated External Defibrillator takes the best support for rescuers during a rescue to the next level with:
- Real CPR Help that can see your chest compressions during CPR to let you know when you’re doing high-quality CPR.
- Shock delivery 8 seconds after stopping CPR for a more effective shock.
- Constant metronome at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute to comply with the latest Guidelines.
- Universal CPR Uni-padz for push-button selection of Child rescue using the Child button on the front of the Zoll AED 3 Automated External Defibrillator.
- Scissors attached to CPR Uni-padz for easy removal of clothing.
- Dual orientation (upright or flat) for the best visibility in a rescue.
- On-screen CPR cycle countdown timer to let you know time remaining in this cycle.
- On-screen display of elapsed rescue time and number of shocks delivered for critical information that EMS personnel will need to know on arrival.
- Rescue accessory pack containing non-latex gloves, barrier mask, razor, paper towel and towelette.
- High-resolution full-colour graphic images and text accompany all audio prompts for easy understanding of what to do next.
- Full range of management software, accesories, replacement pads, batteries available
ZOLL AED 3 Enquiries
Call Banksia on 1300 769 944, +617 3902 3000, email or complete the below form.